MostlyLinux 7.2 Released. Download links are here
MostlyLinux Voyager is a complete distribution that contains all that you need for desktop or server. One can also supplement CentOS, Red Hat or Scientific Linux installation with mostlylinux repository for mp3, mp4, xvid, mkv and ntfs file support.
Following packages are installed by default in a desktop installation of MostlyLinux 6:
- kernel module for most wifi-cards and more.
Option to install
- vlc, audacity
For developers MostlyLinux Voyager includes a comprehensive set of applications and libraries:
- mono 2.10
- PostgresSQL 9.2
Download the live dvd. Rest of the packages could be installed using yum command line or from System -> Add/Remove Software.
Reliance Jio who has nation-wide license to provide 4G service showcased its forthcoming attractions at the IIT Bombay Techfest and is all set to launch its much awBackbone of Reliance Jio would be in Openstack and various other Opensource software stack. Recruiters are already on the hunt for opensource software professionals.aited 4G data services soon.
Reliance Jio who has nation-wide license to provide 4G service showcased its forthcoming attractions at the IIT Bombay Techfest and is all set to launch its much awaited 4G data services soon.
While 4G services are yet to be rolled out, Reliance Jio gave a sneak peek of what could be expected at Techfest, the annual science and technology festival of the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT). http://www.medianama.com/2014/01/223-reliance-jio-infocomm-review/
Backbone of Reliance Jio would be in Openstack and various other Opensource software stack. Recruiters are already on the hunt for opensource software professionals.
Here is a detailed job description:
1) Extend features of the OpenStack platform for provisioning and managing the life cycle of virtual machines in large scale
2) Facilitate design discussions with developers from Reliance as well as the OpenStack community and document designs with blueprints
3) Actively participate in regular OpenStack meetings and contribute to discussion on designs from the community
4) Actively review code in the OpenStack community
5) Write clean, maintainable code that is suitable for continuous integration and deployment (CI/CD), following best practices and guidelines from Reliance and the OpenStack community
6) Debug code, troubleshoot problems and develop solutions for production issues
7) Collaborate with other developers, test engineers, DevOps and support to ensure smooth deployment
8) Contribute to Reliance strategy on productizing OpenStack features
The ideal candidate shall have the following:
1) 1+ year(s) of significant software development experience, preferably with OpenStack
2) A passion for open source software development
3) A focus on test driven development with good knowledge of unit testing frameworks and methodologies
4) Good knowledge of massively scalable systems
5) Ability to continually learn new technologies
6) Linux operating system/application development experience
7) BE/ME/MTech/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
8) Excellent written and verbal English skills
9) Comfortable working in open source community and interacting across mailing lists, IRC and other distributed communications systems
MostlyLinux is as far more easier than windows. Just get your hands on and do the burning. Live media is available to download and can be used for fresh installation.
Download MostlyLinux 6.0 LiveCD media 32bit or 64bit by clicking following links:
Download MostlyLinux 6.0 LiveDVD
The disc burning software you already have on your computer may have a “write image” or “burn image” option designed specifically for writing ISO and other types of image files to optical discs. If you have doubt follow this you tube video.
If you do not have any CD burning software then download FreeISOBurner from this link http://www.softsea.com/download/Free-ISO-Burner.html or Imgburn from http:.//www.img.burn.com
If you are using Linux then can write using Brasero or K3B.
Now boot your system using the newly created MostlyLive6_CD. Live CD or DVDs are unique in that they have the ability to run a complete, modern operating system on a computer. Does not alter any operating system or files already installed on a computer’s secondary storage (such as hard disk drives).Follow this video to for demo.
MostlyLinux gave the first solution to .Net Development on RedHat / CentOS Linux. We inherently support in our distro with mono.
To develop .Net application using mono2 install use mostlylinux repository as it has all the required packages compatible to Red Hat 6 or CentOS 6. Here is a step by step instruction:
Install the repository configuration file
yum install http://download.mostlylinux.in/6/mostlylinux-repo-6-4.el6.msl.noarch.rpm
yum groupinstall “ .Net Development Environment”
This download and install all desired dependent packages. Now click
Application -> Programming -> Monodevelop
Splash screen monodevelop should pop up.
The Only place for Hadoop classes in Eastern India. We proudly announce hadoop classes in Jamshedpur
Apache Hadoop primarily runs on Linux and dependent on other open source projects namely Hive, Zookeeper, Sqoop, Pig. Open source and Linux being our core competence we have introduced Hadoop Courseware.Download course content.
Hadoop and MapReduce are taking the software world by storm, inspiring a wide range of projects that collect both structured and unstructured data. Intel has introduced Intel Hadoop Distribution. Oracle and Microsoft has already declared their Hadoop initiative. This in addition to the entrenched players like Cloudera, Horton and MapR.
Why Hadoop? Research from IDC shows that revenues for the worldwide Hadoop-MapReduce ecosystem software market is expected to grow to $812.8 million in 2016 for a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 60.2%. Hadoop is redefining Enterprise Data Warehousing and Business Analytics.
OJAS12 Tux Boot Camp
Congratulations OJAS12 Tux Boot Camp prticipants of NIT, Jamshedpur.
Here are the answers to your questions.
- You can change your IP using NetworkManager Applet or by editing /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0
- Hostname of the system should be changed by editing the file /etc/sysconfig/network and edit the lineHOSTNAME=rahim.nit.com
- Simplest way to resolve the name of your system is edit /etc/hosts and put a line as follows192.168.1.X rahim.nit.com # Where X is your IP
- How to configure your system for installing additional software refer to this page http://mostlylinux.com/tmp/?p=95
- Add new users using System -> Administration -> Users and Groups or by using the command
- useradd username
- passwd username
- To add a user to a group type gpasswd -a username groupname
- Create a new directory /restricted and extend exclusive right to devel groupmkdir /restricted
chgrp devel /restricted
chmod 070 /restricted
- To make /common directory writable to everybodychmod 777 /common
- To write the list of packages installed in the systemrpm -qa > /root/list-of-rpms
- To configure web service install httpd and put your file in /var/www/html as index.htmlyum install httpd
service httpd start
- To allow access to web services use this commandiptables -A INPUT -p tcp –dport 80 -j ACCEPT
service iptables save
- To find the lines containing a specific word and writing it to a file /root/listgrep word /path-to-file > /root/list
- Script ojas.sh could be something like this. same script could be written in different way#!/bin/bash
if [ $# -eq 1 ]
then echo “Hi $1! Welcome to Ojas bootcamp”
else echo “Usage ojas.sh yourname”
Mostly Linux repository is rich n all kind of tools, modules and packages that takes Linux to the next of level of computing.
MostlyLinux 6 distribution has many applications which you can easily use in your RdaHat 6 or CentOs 6 installation. For example you can install mono-2.10.5 and monodevelop-2.4.2 from Mostlylinux repository. You need configure your CentOS or Redhat installation following tyhis simple steps
Download mostlylinux-repo-6.0.rpm from here or using following command rpm -ivh http://mostlylinux.com/6/mostlylinux-repo-6.0.rpm Or You can manually create a file /etc/yum.repos.d/mostlylinux.repo and paste next five lines
That is all now you can install any package from MostlyLinux 6 using the command
yum install packagename