Reliance Jio who has nation-wide license to provide 4G service showcased its forthcoming attractions at the IIT Bombay Techfest and is all set to launch its much awBackbone of Reliance Jio would be in Openstack and various other Opensource software stack. Recruiters are already on the hunt for opensource software professionals.aited 4G data services soon.
Reliance Jio who has nation-wide license to provide 4G service showcased its forthcoming attractions at the IIT Bombay Techfest and is all set to launch its much awaited 4G data services soon.
While 4G services are yet to be rolled out, Reliance Jio gave a sneak peek of what could be expected at Techfest, the annual science and technology festival of the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT). http://www.medianama.com/2014/01/223-reliance-jio-infocomm-review/
Backbone of Reliance Jio would be in Openstack and various other Opensource software stack. Recruiters are already on the hunt for opensource software professionals.
Here is a detailed job description:
1) Extend features of the OpenStack platform for provisioning and managing the life cycle of virtual machines in large scale
2) Facilitate design discussions with developers from Reliance as well as the OpenStack community and document designs with blueprints
3) Actively participate in regular OpenStack meetings and contribute to discussion on designs from the community
4) Actively review code in the OpenStack community
5) Write clean, maintainable code that is suitable for continuous integration and deployment (CI/CD), following best practices and guidelines from Reliance and the OpenStack community
6) Debug code, troubleshoot problems and develop solutions for production issues
7) Collaborate with other developers, test engineers, DevOps and support to ensure smooth deployment
8) Contribute to Reliance strategy on productizing OpenStack features
The ideal candidate shall have the following:
1) 1+ year(s) of significant software development experience, preferably with OpenStack
2) A passion for open source software development
3) A focus on test driven development with good knowledge of unit testing frameworks and methodologies
4) Good knowledge of massively scalable systems
5) Ability to continually learn new technologies
6) Linux operating system/application development experience
7) BE/ME/MTech/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
8) Excellent written and verbal English skills
9) Comfortable working in open source community and interacting across mailing lists, IRC and other distributed communications systems